Spectacular Squash Casserole
Not only will adding vegetables to your Entrees lower your calorie average for the meal and increase your nutrition, it will also give you more variety. Try this interesting combination for something new!
- 1 ® Five-Bean Casserole Entree
- 1/2 acorn squash (or 1 1/2 cups other winter squash, such as butternut, cooked)
- 1/2 fresh avocado, diced
- 1 small fresh tomato, diced
- 1 dollop of low-fat sour cream
- Optional: salt and pepper (to taste)
- 1. To cook acorn squash in the microwave, poke several holes in the skin.
- 2. Place on microwave-safe plate.
- 3. Cook for 9 minutes.
- 4. When cooled, remove seeds.
- 5. Scrape squash from the skin and set aside.
- 6. Heat the entree.
- 7. Pour entree over squash.
- 8. Top with avocado and tomato.
- 9. Mix in sour cream.