Southwestern Bean Fiesta
Not only will adding vegetables to your Entrees lower your calorie average for the meal and increase your nutrition, it will also give you more variety. Try this interesting combination for something new!
- 1 Five-Bean Casserole Entrée – beans help protect against heart disease and reduces the risk of birth defects, not to mention a great source of fiber.
- 1/2 cup corn
- 1/2 cup peas
- * (vegetable may be canned or frozen)
- 1. Warm vegetables, then entrée, combine and warm again if necessary
- 2. 1/4 tsp. of Celestial Seasonings® “Spicy Southwest”
- 3. Garnish with all or any of the following:
- 4. Avocados – Which have Oleic acid, an unsaturated fat that helps lower overall cholesterol and raise levels of HDL, plus a good dose of fiber.
- 5. Diced tomatoes – Has Lycopene, one of the strongest carotenoids and acts as an antioxidant. May cut the risk of bladder, stomach and colon cancers in half if eaten daily.
- 6. Quaker® Oats rice cakes (nacho cheese flavor) – crumble over mixture
- 7. Add a dabble of non-fat sour cream on top and enjoy!