Mexican Layered Salad
Not only will adding vegetables to your Entrees lower your calorie average for the meal and increase your nutrition, it will also give you more variety. Try this interesting combination for something new!
- 1 ® Turkey Chili with Beans Entree
- 1 cup red bell pepper, cut into small pieces
- 1/4 cup salsa
- 1/4 cup fat-free sour cream
- 3 cups lettuce, chopped
- 1/2 cup tomatoes, chopped
- 1 (1 oz.) can roasted green chilies, chopped
- 1. Saute bell pepper pieces in pan in non-stick cooking spray until soft.
- 2. In a separate bowl, mix the salsa and sour cream.
- 3. Layer the ingredients on a plate in the following order: entree, salsa and sour cream mixture, lettuce, tomatoes, red peppers.
- 4. Sprinkle the top with green chilies.