Blue Ribbon Chili
Not only will adding vegetables to your Entrees lower your calorie average for the meal and increase your nutrition, it will also give you more variety. Try this interesting combination for something new!
- 2 ® Turkey Chili with Beans Entree
- 1 ® Five-Bean Casserole Entree
- 1/2 cup diced onions
- 1 cup chopped green peppers
- 1 cup mushrooms
- 1 cup chopped zucchini
- 1 cup corn
- 1 can (15 oz.) diced tomatoes
- 1 pinch of garlic, cumin and cilantro
- 1 salt and pepper to taste
- 1. In a large saucepan, bring diced tomatoes to a simmer, then add mushrooms, zucchini, onions, and peppers.
- 2. Cook over medium heat until tender.
- 3. Add corn and entrees, stirring until heated through.
- 4. Add seasonings to taste.
- 5. NOTE: This recipe also does well in a crockpot on low for 6 - 8 hours.